Children need adults they can trust.
They need "Someone to choose me!".
920 A. North Tennessee Street
Cartersville, GA 30120
(770) 387-9003 or (888) 252-7435
3312 Northside Drive, Suite D-200
Macon, GA 31210
(478) 474-8552 or 877-774-7792
At a Meritan Foster Care home, children receive more than the necessary medical or behavioral treatment.
Every day they are exposed to basic human warmth and affection, allowing them to grow strong through experiences that most people take for granted.
Training is also a key to the success of a placement in the modern foster home. Meritan provides support and instruction to foster parents from trained professionals. Our staff is always available to answer questions and to respond immediately to any concerns from the foster family or children.
AS A FOSTER PARENT, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO:
- Give without the expectation of immediate returns
- Have sufficient room in your home as well as your daily life
- Learn and use proven behavior management skills
- Love and care for children
- Coordinated care of children
- Resource parents who are well matched to the needs of the child
- Ongoing training
- Access to 24-hour case management support
- Monthly reimbursement
- 21 years of age if married or 25 years of age if single.
- Attend Introduction/Orientation
- Willing to submit to a child protective service screen through Department of Human Resource
- Provide a criminal background check through OIG
- Attend and complete required IMPACT Training
There are other requirements to be met contingent upon completion of the above requirements.