Children need adults they can trust.
They need "Someone to choose me!".
Little Rock Office
1400 W. Markham, Suite 403
Little Rock, AR 72201
(501) 375-5808 or (844) 234-8506
At a Meritan Foster Care home, children receive more than the necessary medical or behavioral treatment.
Every day they are exposed to basic human warmth and affection, allowing them to grow strong through experiences that most people take for granted.
Training is also a key to the success of a placement in the modern foster home. Meritan provides support and instruction to foster parents from trained professionals. Our staff is always available to answer questions and to respond immediately to any concerns from the foster family or children.
AS A FOSTER PARENT, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO:
- Give without the expectation of immediate returns
- Have sufficient room in your home as well as your daily life
- Learn and use proven behavior management skills
- Love and care for children
- Coordinated care of children
- Resource parents who are well matched to the needs of the child
- Ongoing training
- Access to 24-hour case management support
- Monthly reimbursement
- Can be married or single
- At least 21 years old
- Provide 3 references
- In good health - mentally, physically and emotionally
- Complete Foster Pride/Adopt Pride training
- Participate in the Home Study process